Tony Chapman is a Director of SRA Corporate Change, as well as a mentor, coach, facilitator and senior consultant.
Tony has extensive experience in strategy, leadership, and workplace culture; acquired over many years working in and studying businesses from all sectors.
According to clients, Tony offers unique insight, focus, and the ability to ask the right questions; enabling him to create clarity from complexity.
With a diverse background in the strategic management, marketing, human resources and development of organisations, Tony is adept at delivering valuable outcomes in areas such as:
- change and leadership – aligning people and strategy to achieve optimal performance
- market-based strategy – obtaining a clear position on the direction of the organisation and how this will be achieved
- research and intelligence – obtaining evidence to guide decision making
- system development and implementation – improving business operations so that the organisation’s people can focus on what they do best
- project facilitation and management – providing short term expertise to successfully implement a particular project
Tony’s style of consultancy emphasises:
- co-production of outcomes
- creative insights and original solutions
- conceptual rigour
- the transfer of knowledge and capabilities
Tony has particular interest and expertise in the management of firms who depend on people as the key part of their service delivery. He has managed the practices of such firms (including Centre for Workplace Culture Change and KPMG), and consulted to many others (including those in accounting, law, tourism, marketing, technology, medicine, financial planning and business consulting). Tony is currently completing a Doctorate in Strategic Management looking specifically at the management and operation of organisations in the services sector.
Tony has facilitated strategic and business level change initiatives for over 600 organisations around Australia. Examples of successfully completed projects include:
- strategic and operational business plans for the state government, public and private companies, and the not-for-profit sector
- change initiatives, such as for an ASX-listed financial services firm which encompassed a whole of firm culture change program.. More recent examples include accounting/financial planning firm Crowe Horwath and transport operator Metro Tasmania. In addition, Tony spent a number of years in the senior executive of the Centre for Workplace Culture Change at RMIT University – Australia’s leading speciality research and consulting firm in the area of workplace culture change
- services firms – growth and management, from executive roles with firms such as CWCC and KPMG, and in extensive consulting with firms of this nature
- practice management tools and systems for consulting firms; including project management, people management and performance tracking
- efficiency and effectiveness reviews for clients in manufacturing and services
- strategic marketing assessments for companies in services, agriculture, tourism and manufacturing
- training delivery; including human resources, finance, accounting, marketing, technology and facilitating the Tasmanian Enterprise Workshop (2006)
- project management; including system implementation (eg RMIT University, West Coast Council), new enterprise establishment, and the delivery of consulting and grant-funded projects
- financial modeling for organisations in construction, accounting, consulting, services, local government, retail, and tertiary education
- strategic alliance facilitation for clients in the services, agriculture and not-for-profit sectors
Tony holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration, a Master of Management; he is a Certified Practicing Accountant and a Certified Practicing Marketer; he holds a Bachelor Degree in Business, Cert. IV in Workplace Training, and a Company Director’s Diploma. He currently sits on various Boards across the tourism and not for profit sectors. Tony is also a member of the Change Management Institute.